Photo Gallery Booking Testimonials About Us Classes Blog

March 10, 2012

Cirque du Soleil and inspiration

Yesterday being Darrell's birthday, I took him out to (an unfortunately mediocre) dinner and then to see Totem, the Cirque du Soleil show that's playing in San Jose.

There was nothing mediocre about Totem.

OH I loved it.  I had a smile of absolute delight on my face from the opening act all the way through to the very end.  The costumes!  The music!  The impossible feats performed in front of my very eyes!!!  Oh, I loved it.  Yes, I did.

This morning, instead of going to the gym, I stayed in and worked on my aerial tissu.  I started choreographing a new piece to Las Amigas del Fuego (which is a kickass original song by Darrell).  We've been kicking around "music video" ideas for this song for ages, and I've also been wanting to choreograph to it, and it seems that everything is starting to come together nicely.

I worked for an hour and 45 minutes and I have maybe the first 3rd of it sketched out, with ideas about the middle and the end.  I'm doing a dive!   I've always been afraid of dives.  I also feel like the choreography is already really unique.  I'm at the point in tissu where I am knowledgeable enough that I can come up with new transitions and stylings for moves, and have even made up a couple new moves over the last few months.  (New to me, probably someone somewhere has done them before, but I still think that counts)

Next week my aerial partner is getting a freestanding rig (!!!!!!!!!) and so here's hoping that she wants to take it to lots of fun places and rig a tissu on it and play with me this summer!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Fire Pixie Entertainment - info@firepixie.com - 510.367.4517
photos & video | booking | testimonials | about us | classes

Fire Pixie Homepage | Party Entertainment | Body Art